Category Archives: dinner
Dinner on a Dime is a week-long event (October 4-10, 2010) featuring several Charlottesville restaurants offering incredible discounts, with meals (an appetizer + entree OR entree + dessert) for just $9.99! This is an excellent price for some of these delicious choices, and a great way to test out some different meals and locations without spending an arm and a leg! The best part of it all? A donation is made from every meal!
- Tax, tip and drinks are not included.
- Make sure you order off of the Dinner on a Dime Menu (a limited menu), as restaurants will still have their full menus available, but not for $9.99!
- Be sure to place your RSVP early or at locations that won’t take RSVP’s, be sure to plan some extra time to wait to be seated!
The restaurants participating this year (12 of them) are as follows (from the Dinner on a Dime Website);
- 2 Sides Restaurant / 221 Carlton Rd # 10, Charlottesville / (434) 977-1970
- The Biltmore / 16 Elliewood Ave. on the UVA corner /(434) 202-1498
- Brookville Restaurant / 225 W. Main Street, Downtown Mall / (434) 202-2791
- enoteca / 401 E. Main Street, Downtown Mall / (434) 94-9463
- La Cocina del Sol / 2001 Commonwealth Dr. on 29N / (434) 872-0270
- La Cocina Del Sol / 1200 Crozet Ave. in Crozet, VA / (434) 823-5469
- Maharaja / 139 Zan Road, Seminole Square Shopping Center / (434) 973-1110
- Mono Loco / 200 W. Water Street, Off the Downtown Mall / (434) 979-0688
- No. 3 on the UVA corner / 1517 University Ave / (434) 984-4653
- The Nook / 415 E Main Street, Downtown Mall / (434) 295-6665
- Rapture / 303 W. Main Street, Downtown Mall / (434) 293-9526
- West Main / 333 W Main Street / (434) 293-6605
- The Virginian / 333 W Main Street / (434) 293-6605
Some of my personal faves?
- West Main Nachos
- Rapture Crab Cakes, Portobello Sandwich, and Spring Rolls
- The Virginian Burger, Crab Cakes, Mac & Cheese, and Blackened Tuna Sandwich
- Mono Loco Pollo Loco and Mushroom Burritos, the Black bean dip appetizer
- Cocina Del Sol Fajitas and Salmon!